Monday, July 23, 2007

long day

today was our 37 week appointment and also the day where we got to catch up with the child birth class we missed last week.

We had to get up at 7.30 which was just when I was really comfortable - I hate alarm clocks! The child birth class was good. Very quick compare to the groups we use to go too, so I guess we were lucky there. We finally got to see a birth suite. It was a bit different then I expected. The birth suite was basically a smaller ward, with nurses station in the middle and then rooms for labour and delivery all around. There was also showers and a loung room where people could wait.

We got to see 3 newborn babies. One boy was 4 kg and looked HUGE - I feel sorry for that mum pushing him out.

When the class was finished we went to grab some lunch and then it was time for me to sit with my legs up. We went back to the hospital and hubby got me all set up with two chairs and a newspaper. He then asked if he could go and check out a book store around the corner, I was happy with my newspaper so that was no problem.

He came back about 30 min later with a friend and his wife. Turns out my hubby got thinking on his way to the book store - hey my friend lives here and I have not seen him in 6 months, wonder what he is up too. They all came back and we had coffee and a nice chat, made our 2 hours waiting so much more fun.

Our doctors appointment was at 3pm and last time they made us wait for an hour and a half before they called us in, we were joking about how long it would take this time. Amazingly enough we were called in five minutes past 3. I think that is the shortest we have waited ever. All was good. The little one is active and kicking and my blood pressure is good. The doctor was still consern about my giant swollen legs and she seem to be in favor of inducing me maybe before the due date. Lets hope that will happen.

Went to buy new undies, size elephant, afterwards and also a new camera. All this made it a very long day, so I was glad when I could sit down in my bed at home and eat the leftover of my apple pie. Feel so much better now.

No comments: